14 January 2009

This is Torture?

So I read this article about the Bush Administration confirming an act of torture and I'm expecting to get some good details. You can read the article above but I'll give you the synopsis right here:

Susan Crawford refused to refer Mohammad Al-Qahtani for prosecution because he was tortured. She went on to say that she is convinced he would have been the 20th Hijacker on 9/11 had he been able to get into the country.

So, I run down my list of tortures and wonder what he got:

Bamboo under the Fingernails.
The Rack
Repeated insertion of a Catheter
Electric Shock
Knee Capping
Forced Dookie Extraction with Salad Spoons

Then I find, to my surprise, that NONE of these were performed. Here's what they did to him:

Sustained Isolation
Sleep Deprivation
Nudity
Prolonged Exposure to Cold

That's not torture. That's my life! If I'm home alone (Isolated) I'll stay up late naked. I've been known to keep the heat off and/or turn the AC down as well. I cannot believe that is considered torture BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION! Bush is supposed to be the one that questions whether Castration is Torture! If I find out waterboarding involved a trip to the beach and a skim board then I'm going to convert to Islam and blow something up. I'd love to "Waterboard Naked" then reap the benefits of being "tortured".

What makes it even worse is that Ms. Crawford firmly believes that this person is a terrorist but we cannot prosecute because he was "Tortured". If that's going to be the case then why don't we just Torture the guy to the point of Death. Then we won't need the trial, problem solved.

I know, there's a lot of tender people out there who think I'm off my rocker and they're right, I am. But you know what? I wouldn't be stuck with the dilemma of having a terrorist I cannot prosecute but also cannot release in good conscience because he is in fact determined to attack this country.

So if you are the President and are sworn to protect the country what do you do? Guantanamo looks like the only option short of killing them where you found them.

I'm going to close with another thing that pisses me off about Arabs. OK, you've got your own alphabet and script, that's fine. You guys, the Chinese, the Koreans, the people who play Dungeons and Dragons are welcome to any alphabet you want. Do me a favor though: When you convert to something the Western world can read, FOLLOW THE FUCKING GRAMMAR RULES. Over here, if there's a Q then it's followed with a U That means Mohammad Al-Qahtani Either needs to be Al-Kahtani or Al-Quatahni. Just like Al-Qaeda is either Al-Kaeda or Al-Quaeda. You're just doing it to piss us off. Why don't you be like the Asians and completely westernize for us. Instead of Jiang Chow Dhang he goes by Joe Dang. See.... We like him, buy lots of stuff from his country and all because he was accomodating. Give a little, get a little. Fuck, these people are driving me Qrazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment